Mission New Friend
Let’s help Ukrainian children fleeing the war to feel safe. What this project will mean to our children – they will be able to learn how little it takes to do good and how a helping hand can put the beginning of a new world. Every Bulgarian child who wants to be empathetic and give a smile to a peer coming from Ukraine can become a “new friend”.
Children can participate in the “New friend” mission by bringing or sending gifts to our collection point to fill a friendly bag for a Ukrainian child.
You are also participating in the New Friend Mission if you make a financial donation on this page, and we will fill the bag for you.
In case you want to receive our symbol of empathy – bag “New Friend”, when you make your donation on this page, be sure to fill in your address to receive it by courier at your expense.
Gifts for 1 bag:
- Something nice – Drawing with a message of peace, friendship, love, hope
- Something sweet – Favorite treat
- Something to cuddle – Soft plush toy
- Something fun – Fun game, puzzle, book, stickers
- Something useful – Painting accessories.
The fairy tale illustration was provided free of charge by Mila Lozanova.
You can see the whole campaign here.
We have opened a donation account for everyone who wants to participate with financial donations. The money raised will be directed to the following areas:
- Buy and ship goods to Ukraine to help people left in a growing food and humanitarian crisis. We are committed to purchasing the necessary essentials and sending them in safe and organised transport to humanitarian outlets in Ukraine. The necessary goods are listed in our list of emergency aid, which is constantly updated with the assistance of the Ukrainian Foundation “Mother Ukraine”.
- To buy and deliver the necessary goods for the refugees who came to Bulgaria. We are committed to purchasing and delivering these goods to material assistance distribution points. The necessary goods are listed in our list of emergency aid, which is constantly updated with the assistance of the Ukrainian Foundation “Mother Ukraine”.
- To redirect financial aid to the needy Ukrainian families who sought refuge in our country from the war. Refugees from the war in Ukraine are mostly mothers with children and elderly people. Upon arrival, many of them do not have the chance to confront basic living expenses and bills.
Three Women Foundation works in close cooperation with the Mother Ukraine Foundation and the competent state authorities in Bulgaria. Each application for financial assistance for refugees will be checked individually and we will publish a report on the funds raised and their spending.
Krustina Stefanova, Sibina Grigorova, Desislava Olovanova, Kristina Despotova, Sofia Cohen, Desislava Vekilska, Lilia Tsacheva and others are working on the campaign free of charge. You can read more here.